An affordable way to add safety, convenience and comfort to your daily life.
- Go to any level in your house with confidence, ease and safety. With a stair lift, all floors in your home are readily available to you.
- Choose between a battery powered DC motor that will continue to operate even when your home loses power or AC power option which plugs directly into the wall without the use of batteries.
- We can accommodate virtually every stairway shape, size and angle, carrying you smoothly in a straight line, around corners and up multiple flights … on either side of the staircase.
- Always within reach. You can send the lift up, call it down and use it to carry light items with several different types of control styles.
- Compact design. Seat, arms and footrest fold up easily when not in use.
- Blends with your home. Our stair lifts are designed to complement your home’s décor. We offer several fabric or vinyl choices for each lift.
- With Key Safety Features:
- seat belt;
- obstruction sensors to stop the lift should something block its path
- seat swivels away from the stairs, locking into place while you get on or off the lift
- constant pressure controls stop the lift when you release the controls
- final limits switches that prevent the lift from traveling beyond the track.
- Choose between models for straight stairs, stairs that curve and outdoor stairs
What is a stair lift and how does it work?
A stair lift is a motorized chair on a track that is secured to your staircase with a few sturdy screws. There are no structural changes made to your home and the lift glides along stairs without marring walls. With a push of a button, you are gently and securely carried over stairs. When not in use, the lift folds compactly against the wall. With your comfort and safety as our top priority, all of our stairway lifts include a seat that swivels away from the stair, providing a safe and comfortable way to get on and off the lift. Our lifts are designed to ensure a smooth, comfortable ride that will let you confidently maintain your lifestyle and freely enjoy your whole house
How much space does it use?
When not in use, the seat and footrest can be folded up, maximizing space on the stairway for others. It typically takes up about 14″ when folded. When in use, it typically opens to about 25″.
Will the stair lift work for someone who also uses a wheelchair?
Access lifts can be useful even for someone who has limited mobility. Convenience features built into some models include folding arms that push up and out of the way, adjustable seat heights, and soft, padded seats
How will it look in my house?
Access offers the widest variety of colors and fabrics to choose from – so you’re sure to find a look that blends with your décor. Upholstery options include easy-care vinyl and plush fabrics. Or, on select models, you may choose to send in some of your own fabric for a truly customized look that will perfectly match your current furnishings
What about safety features?
A multi-point safety system includes sensors that stop the lift if something blocks its path, a seatbelt for added security, and brakes that will stop the lift should something go wrong with the drive system. The swivel seats ensure an easier, safer transition from sitting to standing positions. And, the swivel seat locks your seat in place when it’s swiveled away from the landing and ensure the seat swivels only at a landing and not during the ride. Add mechanisms that prevent the unit from traveling beyond the track, and you’ll see a commitment to quality that ensures nothing will prevent a smooth ride. Even the controls are designed with your comfort in mind. Constant pressure controls make sure the lift will stop if you release your finger from the controls
Is it easy to care for?
Yes! The stair lifts we provide are easy to maintain and designed to last for years.
What to look for when choosing a stair lift:
- A company that will provide a free home consultation
- A company that installs and services your stair lift (many advertised prices do not include installation: they will drop ship to your door and you will be responsible to get it installed)
- A company that has a show room where you can see and try the stair lifts that they sell
- A company that can install your unit in as little as 24 hours
- A company that employs only certified factory trained technicians
- A company that is licensed and insured: don’t be afraid to ask for a copy of their liability insurance.
- A company that will be there long after your purchase to maintain and repair your unit
We are that company! Call us or leave your info with our live associate and we will happy to answer any questions you have!
Choosing a stair lift suited for your unique situation does not have to be confusing or difficult. Contact us at 516-505-1200 to assist you in finding the right stair lift for your situation, or come into our showroom and take a look around. We look forward to helping you!